IOT Sensor and Data Engineer (6 Months)
Job Title: IoT Sensor and Data Engineer
Duration: 6 Months (or longer for part time)
Salary: £24 ,000- £34,000 depending on experience. (Pro-rated for period of employment)
Location: MSparc, Gaerwen, Isle of Anglesey
Closing Date: 1 st June 2021
EvoMetric are a specialist consultancy and software company based at M-Sparc in North Wales, specialising in long range wireless sensor networks, data applications and bespoke solutions for the IoT Market.
Following a new project, we are looking to hire an IoT Sensor and Data Engineer to help us evaluate sensors, develop analysis software, and assist with early-stage product development in Agriculture Technology (Ag-Tech) focusing on water quality, meteorology, and other environmental sensors. This role offers you the chance to further your skills, working with a variety of IoT devices, building prototypes and being hands on with AI model building.
As an IoT Sensor and Data Engineer, your duties will include:
- Assembling, testing, prototyping and fault-finding of a range of IoT sensors.
- Helping to maintain, diagnose the prototype sensor network.
- Analysing Data Streams from IoT Sensors with focus on the real-world environment they are deployed in.
- Researching industry techniques, sensor technologies and methodologies for using sensor-based data.
- Researching and implementing data stream processing techniques with emphasis on
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- Assisting in other areas of business the company is undertaking (various IoT projects)
We would love to hear from you if you have the following skills or experiences:
- Graduate (or Equivalent experience) in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths discipline.
- A good understanding and reasonable experience in computer programming.
- Conscientious with good attention to detail.•
- Practical, hands-on and aptitude for Problem solving.
- Proactive, self-motivated and with a desire to learn.
- Good communicator who can share new ideas and concepts with colleagues.
… And any of the following will be a perfect fit for the role.
- Some experience in experimenting, making, or tinkering with embedded platforms such as Arduino.
- Knowledge of Ai/ML techniques for working with time-series data.
Graduates with projects based on IoT, Sensor Networks, AI/ML should consider this position and anyone with an interest is welcome to get in touch to find out more.
In return for your enthusiasm, we can offer you flexible hours, part time or full time. The role will be based at M-Sparc, with home working available. Salary dependant on experience from £25k - £35k pro rated for the duration of employment.
If you like the sound of this role, apply no later than 1st June 2021 with your CV and a statement summarising why you would like to apply.
Enquiries & CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org